Get Ready for TEDxAlbany: 12.1.2016
TEDxAlbany 2016 is coming soon!
Our speakers are lined up, and tickets are now available! We hope you’ll join us at our all-day event on Thursday, December 1 at Overit: 435 New Scotland Ave in Albany.
For those interested in attending TEDxAlbany on Thursday, December 1, click here to register. Tickets cost $75 and include breakfast and lunch. Registration will also permit entry into a post-event networking event at Restaurant Navona!
Jaye McBride, comedian, blogger and 2015 TEDxAlbany speaker (watch her talk!), will serve as the emcee for this year’s event.
Biographies of the speakers and descriptions of the upcoming talks are available at TEDxAlbany.org/talks/2016-talks. This year’s speaker lineup includes:
- Diane Cameron, award-winning writer and journalist
- Dr. David Pratt, private consultant in public health, palliative care and preventive medicine
- Jaqi Cohen, Let Your Voice Be Heard! radio correspondent and member of the New York Public Interest Research Group
- Mal Harrison, also known as ‘Ms. M’ from the Museum of Sex, opera singer and sexologist
- Nitzan Hermon, art director, creative technologist and researcher
- Philip Kim, educator, speaker, author and consultant
- Sam Necrason, business analyst at CommerceHub
- Ric Orlando, chef and owner of New World Bistro Bar, New World Home Cooking Café, and New World Catering
- John Sheehan, Adirondack Council’s director of communications
- Adam Siemiginowski, owner of The Hill at the Muza
- Cristin Steding, writer, backpacker and aspiring mountaineer
- John Vavalo, founder and CEO of Terradiol
TEDx events are independently-organized programs in communities around the world intended to promote conversation around a wide variety of topics. The annual TED Conference invites leading thinkers and doers to come together to share world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. TED speakers have included David Blaine, Bill Clinton, Ellen Gustafson, Imogen Heap and many more.
We’re so excited for this year’s event, and we hope to see you there!
Tickets are limited – reserve your seat now!